This comprehensive guide will walk you through the step-by-step process of washing your heavy blanket with glass bead using the SPJ Washing Machine. With the gentlest wash cycles and air-infused technology, the SPJ Washing Machine ensures your blanket remains clean, cosy, and long-lasting.
Weighted blankets have gained immense popularity due to their calming effects and potential to alleviate stress and anxiety. These therapeutic blankets, filled with glass beads, provide a comforting and secure feeling, promoting relaxation and better sleep. Like any other bedding item, weighted blankets require proper maintenance to keep them clean, fresh, and effective.
- 1 Understanding the SPJ Washing Machine:
- 2 Preparing Your Weighted Blanket for Washing:
- 3 Selecting the Right Detergent:
- 4 Load the Blanket with Care in:
- 5 Choose the Appropriate Washing Cycle:
- 6 Adding an Extra Rinse Cycle:
- 7 Drying Your Weighted Blanket:
- 8 Spot Cleaning for Stains:
- 9 Frequency of Washing:
- 10 Conclusion: Washing Your Heavy Blanket with Glass Bead
Understanding the SPJ Washing Machine:
The SPJ Washing Machine is specially designed for delicate fabrics, making it an ideal choice for washing weighted blankets with glass beads. This advanced machine utilizes a combination of pulsating water flow and air-infused technology to provide a thorough yet gentle wash, ensuring the glass beads remain securely in place. With a large drum capacity, it can handle even the bulkiest blankets, making it the perfect companion for your weighted blanket’s maintenance.
Preparing Your Weighted Blanket for Washing:
Properly preparing your weighted blanket before washing is essential for maintaining its quality and ensuring effective cleaning. Take these steps to get your blanket ready:
- Check the Care Label: Before anything else, refer to the care label on your weighted blanket. It contains valuable information about the manufacturer’s recommended washing instructions. By following these guidelines, you can wash your blanket safely without causing any damage.
- Gentle Machine Wash: If the care label permits machine washing, ensure you use a gentle or delicate cycle. Most weighted blankets with glass beads can be machine washed this way, but it’s crucial to adhere to the instructions to preserve the beads’ integrity.
- Remove Removable Covers: For weighted blankets with removable duvet covers or other attachments, take them off before washing. These covers may have distinct washing requirements, so it’s best to clean them separately according to their care instructions.
Selecting the Right Detergent:
Choosing the right detergent is essential to ensure your weighted blanket gets clean without compromising the integrity of the glass beads. Opt for a mild, non-bleach detergent that is free of harsh chemicals. Harsh detergents can damage the glass beads and reduce the effectiveness of the blanket. Avoid fabric softeners or bleach, as they can harm the glass beads.
Load the Blanket with Care in:
When loading your weighted blanket into the SPJ Washing Machine, it’s essential to avoid overloading it. While SPJ machines have a large drum capacity, it’s best to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines to maintain the machine’s efficiency. Overloading may lead to inadequate cleaning and uneven distribution of the glass beads.
Choose the Appropriate Washing Cycle:
Select a gentle or delicate washing cycle on your SPJ Washing Machine to protect the glass beads while effectively cleaning the blanket. The gentle wash
cycle will prevent unnecessary stress on the blanket’s fabric and ensure the glass beads remain securely in their compartments. Avoid using high-speed spin cycles, as they can damage the beads or lead to an imbalanced distribution within the blanket.
Adding an Extra Rinse Cycle:
To remove all detergent residue from your weighted blanket, use an extra rinse cycle if available on your SPJ Washing Machine. This step is essential to keep your blanket soft and fresh after washing.
Drying Your Weighted Blanket:
Drying a weighted blanket with glass beads can be more challenging than washing. While some weighted blankets can be tumble-dried on low heat, air-drying is generally a safer option to prevent damage to the glass beads. Lay the blanket flat on a clean surface or drape it over a clothesline, ensuring the glass beads are evenly distributed.
Spot Cleaning for Stains:
Consider spot-cleaning instead of a full wash in case of minor stains or spills on your weighted blanket. Spot-cleaning involves using a damp cloth with mild detergent to blot the stain gently. Avoid rubbing or scrubbing vigorously, as it may displace the glass beads and damage the fabric.
Frequency of Washing:
How often you wash your weighted blanket depends on individual use and care instructions. As a general rule of thumb, wash your blanket every 2-3 months or when it becomes visibly soiled or emits an odour.
Conclusion: Washing Your Heavy Blanket with Glass Bead
Washing your weighted blanket with glass beads using the SPJ Washing Machine can be straightforward and effective if you follow the right steps and guidelines to wash your heavy Blanket. The SPJ Washing Machine’s gentle wash cycles and air-infused technology ensure that the glass beads remain securely in place, making it a perfect choice for maintaining your weighted blanket’s cleanliness and longevity.
Remember to check the care label, use a mild detergent, and opt for gentle washing cycles to preserve the integrity of the glass beads and enjoy the therapeutic benefits of your clean and well-maintained weighted blanket for years to come.